- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis.
Does Your Experience Include?
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- More than 5 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in A/E environment.
- Knowledge of Sage 100 Microsoft Office and Procore.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
You will be required to:
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Data entry of all project related invoices
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Project Manager.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Understand prelim, lien releases and Mechanic liens
- Managing project closeouts and securing all guarantees and warranties before handover of the work
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.